If I had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life it would be these mashed potatoes. I’ve spent probably around two years perfecting my recipe of what I consider the perfect mashed potatoes and this is my favorite of all the variations I’ve created. [Let me know if you want me to post some of those!] This is only a recipe for a serving of two but you can easily double it if need be. This would be the perfect side dish to bring to any family gathering this Christmas! 🎄
- 4 medium yellow potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp chicken bullion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. [I just guess with my eyes but some people are more comfortable with precise measurements.]
- Peel the potatoes then dice them into small pieces.
- Once the potatoes are diced add them and the chicken bullion into the boiling water. [Adding the chicken bullion gives the potatoes so much more flavor, it’s a trick my Grammy taught me!]
- Boil the potatoes until soft. [About 10 minutes depends on how hot your stove is.]
- Turn off the heat and drain the potatoes.
- Melt butter in pot [I use the same one I boiled the potatoes in.] and then add drained potatoes along with the milk.
- Mash the potatoes using a potato masher.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
As always thank you for reading and let me know if there is anything you’d like to see featured on the blog! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!