This is my all time favorite salad! It is also the most labor intensive salad I will be posting throughout this series; but it is so worth it! 🙌🏼 This also could easily be served as a dinner salad because it is very filling. I also think this would be delicious served with a tortilla soup, which will be coming to the blog soon! 😉
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Light salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 5 tbsp hot sauce [I used Valentina. I swear by this hot sauce for cooking!]
Instructions for chicken:
- Season chicken the put in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook until both sides are lightly browned.
- Add half of the chicken broth and allow to cook until broth is gone.
- Then reduce heat and add remaining chicken broth until cooked out.
- Take cooked chicken from skillet and sit in on a plate.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
- Once chicken is shredded add hot sauce and mix until the chicken is lightly covered in sauce. Set aside.
Ingredients for corn:
- 1 cob of corn
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
Instructions for corn:
- Cut corn off the cob.
- Melt butter in pan on medium heat.
- Then add corn and salt and pepper.
- Cook corn until slightly brown and then set aside.
Ingredients for salad:
- Shredded chicken
- Browned corn
- 5 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado sliced
- Handful of tortilla strips
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
Instructions for salad:
- Add all ingredients to salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope y’all enjoy this southwestern salad as much as I enjoy eating and serving it! Stay tuned for more salad series post. Don’t forget to subscribe via email to be the first to hear about new posts! As always thank you for reading.