Being in college there is nothing I miss more than my mama’s cooking! She is who taught me how to cook. (Along with some of the other women in my family, shoutout to my Auntie EM and Grammy!) So today I will be sharing with you Breaded baked chicken, lemon garlic green beans, home style new potatoes, and breadsticks! This is my version of a recipe she use to make my family all the time. It’s the perfect home style meal for any occasion! 🙌🏼 I’ll be including the recipes for this meal below! I’m not including the recipe for the breadsticks because they were store bought. [Guilty!] However for those curious I got them at Walmart and they’re the brand Sam’s Choice. I added melted butter and cheese to mine, but they’re ready to bake when purchased. Once again the measurements for this recipe are for a serving of two but you could easily double it if you’re feeding a family!
This post will be longer than most of my food post due to the fact that I will be including three recipes. So hang in there I will try to make it as short and effective as possible!
Parmesan Breadcrumb Baked Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl mix milk and eggs.
- Put salt, pepper, and garlic powder on each side of chicken breasts.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Put the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Next take the chicken breasts (individually) and drench in milk sand egg mixture. Then place in breadcrumbs until chicken breasts are fully covered.
- Then put the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven after 25 minutes and then flip the breasts. Then apply the Parmesan cheese to top of breast and cook an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 3 cups red potatoes, diced small
- 1 1/2 tbsp chicken bullion
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil about 5 cups water.
- Once water is boiling add diced potatoes and chicken bullion.
- Boil until potatoes are soft but not to where they are falling apart. These “mashed” potatoes are supposed to be lumpy. However if your preference is less lumpy you can always mash them more.
- Once the potatoes are done boiling, drain them and leave them in the sink.
- Melt butter a the pan [I use the same pot I boiled the potatoes in.] and add heavy cream, and stir.
- Once butter is almost completely melted add in potatoes and use a potato masher to mash them. I didn’t mash them much as I previously mentioned I prefer these lumpy; thats the way my mama made them! However do whatever your preference is.
- Add salt and pepper and then stir and SERVE! 🙂
Lemon garlic green beans:
- 3 cups fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a small pan and cook on medium heat until the green beans are soft. I prefer mine a little crunchy!
I have enjoyed sharing some family recipes with y’all today. I hope you enjoy reading them and even more cooking and EATING them!! Thank you again for the continued support and as always let me know [via comment or email] if you have anything you’d like to see featured on the blog!