One of my favorite things to eat in the fall and winter is soup! [Actually that’s all year round, I’ll eat soup when it’s 109 degrees outside! Lol.] However nothing taste more comforting than a bowl of Chicken and Dumplings! I made this for my best friend, Cole the other night and he loved it. So, I thought I would share it with y’all!
- 1 chicken brest, cut into cubes
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 15 frozen dumpling sticks [You can get them in the frozen section at most groceries, I break the chicken into three pieces.]
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Add carrots, celery, onion and butter to a large pot and cook on medium heat until onions are starting to soften.
- Add chicken, minced garlic and pepper to the pot. Increase the heat to medium/high.
- Once chicken is cooked throughly add the chicken broth and can of cream of chicken to the pot, stir, and allow it to come to a boil.
- After the soup is boiling add the flour, [I use the flour to thicken the broth, however if you don’t want a thicker broth don’t add the flour!] stir then add the dumplings and parsley. Reduce heat back to medium.
- Cook until dumplings are done, I defrosted mine a bit and they took around 10 minutes to cook.
I hope y’all enjoy this recipe! I’ll be uploading my next post for the salad series by the end of this week. Let me know what your favorite soups are this season. I’ll be featuring more throughout fall and winter! Stay tuned and as always thanks for reading!!