Sorry, I have been so M.I.A. lately, I have been drowning in school work. However, I’m so excited to be back and sharing this recipe. I LOVE this recipe for fall. It’s perfect for dinner parties, or to just keep around the house for a snack! 😍 It only took about an hour and fifteen minutes to prep and cook this bread. [Who doesn’t love yummy and fast?!] A good quick bread recipe is a staple in every chef’s cookbook.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Then add the buttermilk, melted butter and an egg to the dry mixture.
- Stir in shredded zucchini, and cheddar cheese.
- Grease a 9×5 bread pan and add bread batter.
- Top batter with about 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. [This step is totally optional. I just love a cheddar crust!]
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. [I checked mine with a toothpick!]
I hope you enjoy this quick bread recipe! Stay tuned for more of my favorite fall foods this season.