I have a serious obsession with chicken fajita tacos and Mexican food, so this blog post is so fun for me! [I have so many different ways I make chicken fajitas, comment if you want me to feature more on the blog!] These are chicken fajita meat with red bell pepper slices, onion, bacon, and corn. *heart eyes* Keep scrolling to see the recipe.
These are the fresh ingredients I used to make the fajitas. Slice the chicken into your preference of fajita slices. Cut the bell pepper into strips, dice the onion. Cut the corn off the cob and then slice the bacon into small pieces.
Next, add all the ingredients to a large saucepan in addition to 2 tbsp butter and spices. Then turn the stove on High heat for a couple of minutes and then lower stove to medium heat when onions are browning.
While the fajitas were cooking, I chose to go ahead and cook the tortillas. I like to buy pre-made tortillas you cook on the stove top; the quality is amazing, and they taste so fresh. Pictured below is the brand I LOVE they carry them at HEB and some Walmart’s (they should carry this or something close at most large Walmart’s).
Once the tortillas and fajitas are done cooking serve and enjoy!! I chose to pair mine with white queso I made. [Recipe coming to the blog soon!]
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 package uncooked tortillas [see photo above for reference]
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 corn cob, cut the corn off the cob.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning (I love the Fiesta brand fajita seasoning mesquite flavored; it can be purchased at HEB or Walmart as well. It also is great for seasoning steak fajitas!
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and cook over high heat then reduce to low heat after a couple of minutes.
- Cook tortillas as instructed on package.
- Put fajitas in tortillas with desired cheese, sauces, and toppings. [I made a white queso to pair with mine. I’ll be posting the recipe soon.]
- Serve and eat up!
I hope y’all enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed coming up with it and sharing it with my readers. As always, thanks for reading and stay tuned for more recipes coming to the blog soon. [I’m going to try my best to post a couple recipes a week.]